Now that I’ve finished my studies, I’ve finally settled into working through my 18-month long list of Things-To-Do, and near the top was making some new cushion covers. Our existing cushions were looking threadbare, and I have some textiles I collected in West Africa and elsewhere aching to be put to use. design I used is based on another cushion I once bought off a friend from uni. It requires no zip, and is refreshingly simple to whip up. (If you’re seeking a zippy version however, this how-to looks pretty comprehensive. This version makes a similar zip-free cushion using a single piece of fabric).